Hey Keller Family! I created this blog for all of us to add all of our yummy recipes, and have a central location for them. I know I am always calling back and forth to get a recipe because I lose the paper I've written it on. So here's my solution! A printed recipe book would be outdated quickly as many of us love to find new recipes to try. Be sure to label what your recipe is (main dish, dessert, side, etc) so it will be easier for others to find. So start adding recipes!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

Servings: 5 • Size: 2 thighs plus vegetables • Old Points: 8 pts • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 347.1 • Fat: 17.0g • Protein: 31.1 g • Carb: 19.2 g • Fiber: 5.8 g
Ingredients:
 
10 (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
20 medium asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
3 red bell peppers
1 cup carrots, sliced in half long way
2 red onions, chopped in large chunks
10 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper
3 tbsp fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
2 tbsp oregano or thyme
4 leaves fresh sage, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°. Wash and dry the chicken well with a paper towel. Combine all the ingredients together and using your hands and arrange in a very large roasting pan. The vegetables should not touch the chicken or it will steam instead of roast. All ingredients should be spread out in a single layer. If necessary use two baking sheets or disposable tins to achieve this. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.

Another super yummy, low calorie recipe from one of my fav sites, skinnytaste.com.   I added a tablespoon of brown sugar when I made it, and it sweetened it up a tad that made it so the kids loved it.  You can also use boneless skinless chicken breasts, but I would shorten the cooking time slightly so they don't dry out.  Enjoy!  Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment